Sunday 12 May 2013

End of Uni, Time to Ride!

So I have finally finished uni. The month of April consisted of 12-13 hour days in preparation for final exams, and I'm still recovering from the lack of sleep/stress!

May is chilling out time for me, and time to train for the Tweedlove King of the Hill Enduro race that Keith, Robin and I have entered. Its our first mountain bike race so just a bit of fun. Don't feel very fit at the moment as dissertation hand in and exams have taken up all of my time recently!

We've been down in the borders quite a lot, evening rides and a few of Keith's days off work. My friend Craig (from Derby) has been up in Edinburgh for the past week, and has recently bought himself a hardtail to get into mountain biking. So its been awesome fun taking him out and introducing him to the trails! Yesterday was wet and muddy and was his first time heading down the Glentress red, so rather challenging on the slidy tree routes! Good day was had by all (Debbie and Robin joined us too).

Other news is that I broke my mech at Innerleithen on tuesday, so that was an expensive ride as the mech and hanger needed to be replaced. Back up and running again now though!

Won't be heading back out into the mountains until the start of June where I'm assisting on the gold Duke of Edinburgh award for George Heriot's School once again, and then after that the climbing and hill walking season will kick off for Keith and I. We have some big mountain days planned with the bikes too which should be awesome.

Craig happy (ish) and tired at the top of Pennels Fennel, GT.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home